Saturday, October 6, 2012

CONVERSATIONS THAT ETERNALLY COUNT

In a world where meaningless , trivial conversations easily invade our minds how do you go with saying things that will change someones' eternal destiny??
I listen to people alot and I have to admit that sometimes I feel really grieved as I hear words that wound and create a culture of spiritual / emotional death .
I have had to REPENT myself of using words that have not helped others , that have not reflected the love of JESUS ... how about you ?
Proverbs 18:21 states "DEATH & LIFE ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE, & THEY WHO INDULGE IT SHALL EAT THE FRUIT OF IT ( for DEATH   or LIFE) . See also Matthew 12 :37 'FOR BY YOUR WORDS YOU WILL BE JUSTIFIED & ACQUITTED  & BY YOUR WORDS YOU WILL BE CONDEMNED & SENTENCED ." It may be worth knowing JESUS said this last verse .
How goes your words in emails  ... on facebook ... in letters .... in private ...in boardrooms, in public ????
Would you be proud of what you communicate or not ... would you speak those same words in front of children , leaders , colleagues , authorities ?

Today I am asking us all to allow The Holy Spirit  to wash us clean of profanity , slander , criticism and destructive words that wound and hurt .
Start with me JESUS ... and bless my readers with your same heart .
Praying friends .

No comments: